DOWNTOWN GIRL + DAVID YURMAN STAX COLLECTION


I always believed in the power of accessories, which is probably why, most of the time, accessories are the inspiration behind my outfits. Though many people add accessories to complete a look, I rather like to reverse the process and start by choosing an accessory, and then building an outfit around it.




Why are accessories so important in my opinion? Well, I think it's because accessories are  often  the focal point of a look, they are the finishing touch that gives an outfit it's look and feel, and finally accessories can easily make or break a look. You can have the most perfect jacket, skirt, or pair of jeans, but paired with wrong accessories, the look just won’t have the same appeal. However, the right kind of accessory, can elevate a look to a whole new level and transform a simple look into a stylish ensemble.











Today's look began with two new favorites from David Yurman's Stax Collection I picked up at Neiman Marcus recently. Because I am such a huge fan of David Yurman jewelry, I can never pass up on an opportunity to add a few more pieces to my ever-expending collection of David Yurman jewels and Neiman Marcus is usually my first stop because it has the most wonderful selection and exclusive pieces which are not available in other stores, like the Silver Ice Stax Collection pieces I am sporting in today's look. Available exclusively at Neiman Marcus, I feel in love with these pieces the moment I saw them! Sleek, sophisticated, and modern, I absolutely adore how versatile these pieces are. You can pair them with the simplest of looks, but they certainly go beautifully with more sophisticated pieces as well. When I began styling this particular outfit, I really wanted it to reflect contemporary elegance of these pieces, which is why I chose to combine effortless, classically-elegant pieces like a double-breasted coat and a top handle structured satchel bag with casual basics like boyfriend jeans and a simple cotton turtleneck.  

What about you guys, do you also believe that accessories have the ultimate power?

This post was brought to you by David Yurman at Neiman Marcus and ShopStyle.

RAG & BONE Ashton tailored double-breasted coat & Dre low-rise cropped jeans | GUCCI Dionysus small web-stripe top-handle satchel bag | DAVID YURMAN The Stax Collection Huggie earrings with diamonds & narrow ring with diamonds

Labels: , , , ,